Sunday, June 8, 2008

How big is Emerson?

Makenna loves to play with the camera.
Grandma Leavitt, Makenna and Emerson. Just Hanging out! Emerson chill en in her car seat.


My little girl is getting so big. She is 10 weeks old, 24 inches and weighs 12'13. I can't believe how fast it is all going by. She is sleeping through the night consistently. She averages 12 to 13 hours a night. She wakes up so happy and hardly ever fussy. The mornings are my favorite. I am always so tired but so happy to get up and be with my sweet little girl. I am so not a morning person but when I see her smiling and laughing it brings so much joy to me. I wonder how one can wake up so excited? She must get that from her dad! My other favorite time of the day is bed time. The smell of a newborn all wrapped up so tight in her blanket and ready for bed is the best. I read her a book every night. She loves it. About half way through she begins to suck her thumb. After the book I sing her a song and her eyes begin to get very heavy. I give her a kiss and off to sleep she goes. I have the best baby. I am so thankful for her and her mellow personality. We waited so long for her sweet little spirit to be here.

10 comments:

stewart.shana.ella said...

Look at you with all the new posts:) Cute pictures, and she is darling. I'm with you on the whole morning thing. Ugh! Keep em coming!

Krishelle said...

That smell babies have is what makes us crazy women baby hungry! I love that new baby smell too! lol!

Missy said...

Good thing at least one of you is a morning person! She is getting big so fast, it's sad! We sure do love her!
The blog looks cute!

Anonymous said...

Brittney, Hey You little girl is soo cute. You don't know me, but I know your husband Brad. Tell him I said Hello... It's Mandi Roth (Whitmore). We went to High School together, and I know Missy also. I'm not just a strange person leaving comments. You have such a cute family. Hope youdon't mind i peeked at your blog. It's cute!! If you want to see mine send me your email address so I can add you as a reader. it's mandeemore@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon. Hi Brad!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, she is so cute! i can't believe she is already sleeping through the night! hopefully levi will soon follow in her footsteps!:)

jodie@eighteen25 said...

she is so cute. i hope to see her in person soon.

The Pfau's said...

Emerson is Adorable!! I love all the pictures! I am so happy you got her ears pierced. Everyone gave me such a hard time for getting Iris' done. It is so much better to do is when they are small!

Anonymous said...

What a doll face she is! I love it!

Perry Family said...

You do have a great baby!! Kids are the best!! SO glad you are enjoying her so much!

Jen Rose said...

Oh I've missed my little girl so bad! I can't believe how big she is getting. I love that she always is just chillin. Totally cute! Call me....gotta catch up! Love ya!