11 years ago
Monday, July 14, 2008
Oh happy days
We had such a good time on the 4th of July. We spent it in good old Kanarraville, Utah. It is where my great grandparents are from. I have been going to this small sweet city since I was born and could not wait to share it with little miss Emerson. It brings tears to my eyes to reminisce on the traditions passed down from generations. I hope that my family can continue these traditions such as the band wagon, the parade, the town program/talent show, afternoon races, fireworks and family time. It is my favorite holiday and I look forward to it all year long!
Family picture right before we went down to the parade
LETS GO...LETS GO... This tradition was started by uncle Ceylon (Fat grandpa's brother) and Bud Williams took it over. It wouldn't be the 4th without it.
Emerson was so bored during a poem that she fell asleep right after this picture. It was so loud and she didn't even care. Grandma Marge has the magic touch!
The boys chowing down at the Top Spot
How cute are my Aunt and Uncle!
Aurah is knocked out.. She does no what she is missing. Greasy food and awesome drinks.
Are they not identical? I love these two.
Emerson loved the fireworks. She could not get enough of them. She and grandpa hanging out.
Aurah and Grandma checking out the Fireworks
Jack was so scared of the fireworks.He crawled up Tiffany's shirt. How cute is that.

Yummy dutch oven cooking. This is what I look forward to. Delicious!

Hanging out at the camp ground. I just love this city. I am so grateful for my family and the traditions that we have and share. I am grateful for our country and the freedom that we have. We had lots of fun hanging out with our family and friends, riding the 4wheelers, checking out the cemetery and the well, and building our family float. We did not win for the number 1 float but there is still next year. I think that it was rigged because we are move-ins but there is always next year and the next year. It can only get bigger and better. Emerson was such a trooper on vacation. We were gone 5 days and it was a lot of back and forth. She got a little sick of her car seat but was still oh so happy and smiley. She learned how to roll over on our trip and did a lot of talking. She does not like to be on her stomach so she now only rolls to her sides. I don't blame her! She is getting so big I can hardly stand it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We have quite a fun family huh? I love that we keep that tradition alive! All of your pictures are adorable. I love that sweet little Emmy. Being her aunt is so FUN! Sad I missed out on the dutch oven. :( next year.
WOW!! great pics of everyone!! So glad you had a great holiday! Emerson is getting so big!!
Yes lets get together! And I'm SO sad I missed the fun those were some good trips! Your family is so much fun to be around!
Looks like a blast. Wish I could convince Darren into letting us join you! Brad and Emmy do look so much alike in that picture!
Post a Comment