Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

What a great weekend! We headed up to nice cool weather and great company. A great way to relax and have fun. I was able to finish my second book "Something Borrowed" while we hung out at my Grandmas house. I wish that I didn't love these books so much and then maybe I would be able to take my time reading them. But just like the first book I read I was able to read it in a little over a day. I just can't seem to get enough. Brad wants to know when I turned into a book nerd? I am not really sure but when I am not reading I get alout more done. Kallen and Emily drove up Friday night. It was so nice to sit around, visit and relax. NO ENTERTAINING needed. Gotta love that. Saturday I made a few more hair bows, Grandma nad Grandpa were nice enough to watch Emerson while we rode the 4wheelers, went to dinner and watched a movie. My mom ended up driving up late saturday night. It worked out perfect. She watched Emmy on sunday while we hiked up Kanarraville Cayon. It was so beautiful and peaceful. It reminded me so much of girls camp. When you are away from the husle and bustle things become much clearer. The hike was a little tough at first....That is the 1/2 mile hike up the rode! It was lots of fun and I can't wait to do it again. We had such a great time. Emerson loves it up there. She loves to be outside and the weather was just right. She enjoyed her walks every morning by papa Richie and Grandma Cheryl.



This is where I wanted to turn around but didn't want to look like I was the only one out of shape. So I didn't say anything and half way through everyone was thinking the same thing. So gals that we didn't turn around it was so awesome.
Kallen is the real deal. He and Emily came so prepared: first aid kit, flash light, and a knife. He is quit the adventureuos man that I did not know!

This is Kallen determined to go under a water fall. He says that if you go under them it will bring good luck. Look foward to all the Luck!


The water beagn to get deeper and deeper but we were all having so much fun that we kept going. This is the second water fall. No ladder to climb hust a nice slippery log.

Kallen promised that we would be able to get back up the way we came; this is proof that it did not work out that way. The water came to about the top of our waiste. It was a little cold at first but as we hiked down it was very refreshing.
So cute....They look like tour guides.Breathtaking. The pictures do not do the hike its justice. It was so beautiful.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Looks fun! I can't wait to go again BUT minus kids!!

Perry Family said...

What an awesome labor day! those are some great pictures.

Jen Rose said...

How fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to go on the hike! Isn't it beautiful? I loved it! Can't wait to do it again...and I'm with Amber - no kids.

The Pfau's said...

Emerson Is beautiful! I love the first picture of her! I am so impressed with your hike- it looked really hard but fun!?!